Friday, 21 February 2014

... and they're off.

So somewhat earlier than planned, the experiment has begun.

A Nokia 105 has been kindly donated for the purpose.  Full details courtesy of the Nokia Website are here (and yes, it's the blue one).  It features... well, very little, actually. It can make/receive calls, send/receive text messages, it has a torch (no, really), an alarm clock, and among its games is the amazing Snake <- Details courtesy of Wikipedia, but frankly if you don't remember that game, there's something seriously wrong with you.

Significantly, its battery life is incredible, and I definitely have to say I'm looking forward to not having to charge my phone every day without fail - especially when I go camping: I think I'll have a great smug feeling watching all of the other punters wandering over to pay to charge theirs, I must say.

Anyway - how's it feeling so far?

I've got to say, so far, so good.  It is definitely odd having to wait for a laptop to warm up before I'm able to access the internet, and it's odd not being able to get all my Facebook, Twitter and email updates without setting foot out of my bed, but I don't feel like I'm really missing anything.

Having said that, I've not really had chance today - it's been a busy day of voluntary work, mostly in areas of Notts where phone signal is hopeless on a smart phone anyway (although I received texts and calls in one area where I couldn't even have made emergency calls on the Samsung, so that's progress for you!), so it all remains to be seen.

In a word: content.

No comments:

Post a Comment